Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wrap-skirt material advice, please.

Posted by blitzyblond_protege (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 5, 12 at 2:17

I am seriously considering converting one of my regular skirt patterns into a true wrap-skirt pattern. ( I have searched for a wrap-skirt pattern [size 18] with no success.) My question is: how much extra decorated-denim will I need to allow for the generous wrap? Any & all advice would be greatly appreciated. l.marie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wrap-skirt material advice, please.

I'd say you need at least the amount that one more cut of the front piece of the skirt. Sandra Betzina had an old wrap skirt pattern,Vogue 7264, her technique was essentially an underlayer of the whole skirt front. The wrap was an overlay so you never had to worry about coverage (or lack thereof).
The fabric, was there a coordinating non-decorated denim avail? I'm asking cause you may be able to save $ by using that for the underlayer.

Her sizing was great for plus sizes too. I can't find it for sale, must be out of print. May have it in my stash, I can check if you like the pattern. It's reviewed at patternreview.com, just punch the pattern number in their search box.

o

Didn't you read my post about them? it tells how to measure and you wont need to look for a pattern either

Here is a link that might be useful: Wrap Pants 2 1/2 yards and 2 hours - -

o

Minnie she asked about a wrap skirt, not the wrap pants. I guess they would be made differently, not sure.

Sue

o

Blitsy -

Look on Ebay. Just put in a search for wrap skirt pattern. They have lots that include size 18!

Dawn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here