Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Needle scrapping the plastic under the bobbin! (PIC)

Posted by bynbynbyn (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 3, 10 at 23:17

I don't know how this happened, one minute I was sewing and the next the needle was not picking up the bobbin thread and it's scrapping the bottom plastic plate below the bobbin area.

Any clue why? I haven't touched or moved my needle but it looks like it's hitting way off from the groove on the right that it SHOULD be hitting. (See the scrapping mark in the close up on the white plastic thing?)

Any help is appreciated so I don't have to pay to have it fixed.

PIC 1
http://i53.tinypic.com/of8qa8.jpg

PIC 2
http://i51.tinypic.com/206exxe.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Needle scrapping the plastic under the bobbin! (PIC)

Somehow your needle got bent or loose in the clamp--change the needle!!

o

Sounds like a needle problem for sure. Did you change the needle as suggested?

o

I have the subconscious habit of pulling jeans material too hard when I'm sewing and it caused the needle to get bent and start scrapping the plate or the bobbin housing. I change the needle and all is well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here