Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flannel PJ bottoms - lost directions

Posted by creeky (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 2, 08 at 20:37

I cut out the pieces needed to make flannel PJ bottoms (two front & two back) but now I'm lost. Actually I lost the directions on how to sew the front and back together. Can someone talk me thru these steps. I can finish the elastic waist and hemming just fine, I remember how to do that. After I get it sewn together, I serge the leg bottoms, wash & dry it, then hem the leg bottoms so they are long enough and stay that way with future washings. Thanks for any help you can give me to get these PJ's finished. It's cooling off at night already in PA. and I love wearing these flannel jammie bottoms.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flannel PJ bottoms - lost directions

Take your two front pieces and put them right sides together. Sew from waist down to crotch. Then do the same thing with the 2 back pieces. Now you should have a front and a back. Put them right sides together line up the crotch seams and sew your inseam. Then sew the side seams. Now all you need is the waist and hem.
Susan

o

There are lots of ways to do things and I do mine just the opposite. I sew a front and back together at both side seam and inseam. Then I leave one wrong side out (the outside one) and turn the other right side out and stuff it down into the one that is wrong side out. Shake it down and match up you raw edges and sew from the top, down through the crotch and up to the other top.

o

I do it pretty much the same way as soonergrandmom, except I sew the 2 inseams (L front & back, R front & back), then the crotch seam, then sew the side seams.

Donna

o

I have done them the way Donna and SoonerGM described too. I think I have the other way in grained in my brain from making so many pairs of pantaloons, LOL.
I'm pretty sure the PJ pattern instructs you to do them the way they did.
Susan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here