Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
erin24_gw

HouseFabric - happy with it?

Erin24
18 years ago

Has anyone here ever ordered fabric from www.housefabric.com? They have some decorator fabrics I'm interested in for roman shades, but the cost per sample is $5. I was wondering what your experience has been with this company. TIA

Comments (9)

• User
    18 years ago

Erin, Sorry, but I have never ordered from them. I have ordered from other internet companies and have been pleased with my purchases. There is one problem with ordering over the net and that is color. It is never what it appears on the monitor. Your $5.00 may be a good investment to make sure the shade of the material is what you want. Good luck.

• meredithpark
    17 years ago

I took a chance and ordered from this site without a sample - LOVED the fabric. It was a little different, but ended up working great. Problem...I measured my fabric to pin and sew it for my drapes and they shorted me 20" from the 6 yards I ordered. I thought I had measured wrong, but it was cut short 20"! I called and they made me pay for ALL of the shipping $20 to get it back and pay AGAIN to ship me the correct amount of fabric. Talk about HORRIBLE customer service. Just a warning. LOVED the fabric, but their customer service left me with a sour taste.

• nicole23
    16 years ago

DO NOT do business with this company. From what I've heard before they have so many wrong shipments made. I was hoping it won't happen to me because i love the fabric. Well guess what..they shipped me the WRONG fabric and have me pay to ship it back to them to get the RIGHT fabric. So I end up paying more than what im suppose to just by shipping alone. Usually companies have return postage included but they don't. Not just that...would be ok if the customer service gave me options or was at least sympathetic but NO they make it seem like it just happens and they are not really responsible for it. Normally I dont raise my voice to a customer service rep because I've been one and I know how it feels but damn they will really tick you off.

• susie53_gw
    16 years ago

Sounds to me they are running a bit of a scam.. Thanks for the heads up on this company...

• christineba
    15 years ago

Never Order from this Company. I ordered 3 bolts of Fabric and they were all cheap. The toile was see-through as was the other pattern and I will have to line them. I also ordered 20 yards of another fabric that was the same as what I have, when it arrived it was shiny and cheap and the fabric content isn't posted on the web so I had no idea that it would be so diffent! What's worse is that they'll return nothing and even though they "Guarantee" their quality, they do nothing to assist you in any way.

I'd NEVER order from HOUSEFABRIC!

• jaybird
    15 years ago

WOWOWOWOW you folks are lifesavers!! I was just preparing my order for Housefabric....
    THANKyouthankyouthankyou!

• shannona77
    15 years ago

I recently purchased some VERY EXPENSIVE trim from housefabric.com and upon receiving it, found out it was not the same as what was advertised. On thier website the trim was listed as being 1/4" wide. In actuality, the trim was 3/8" wide. Because of the actual width, I was unable to use it on the garment I had planned to use it on. Housefabric.com's policy is to not provide refunds for cut goods, which is understandable. In my case, however, I believe I am entitled to a refund as the product was incorrectly described on thier website,and it was a VERY EXPENSIVE trim product!

I have contacted housefabric.com multiple times via email and phone over the last month and they have failed to respond to me.

• clothndolls
    15 years ago

I have been buying from a great eBay seller with some exotic fabric. He is very honest and I always come away feeling like I got a good fabric for a good price.

Here is a link that might be useful: Nomads Hoard Fabric Store