Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mangomoon_gw

Need idea for making a small travel neck roll

mangomoon
15 years ago

I am hoping someone can give me a wonderful idea. Here's my situation. I commute by bus to work from a rural area into another city 50 miles away, and the seat headrest on the bus is up so darn high, you have to be 5'10 in order to benefit from it. So, given that, it leaves me with a pain in the neck and restless.

I purchased a travel pillow from eBay. I absolutely love it, and use it at home because it takes up too much room in my tote bag, leaving me with yet one more bag to carry if I opt to take it with me. Then I bought a cheap inflatable pillow that takes up no room at all, but all of your breath just to inflate it and it isn't worth it to deflate it since I am traveling by bus twice per day.

I an an experienced seamstress, have sewing machine, but need something that is small and only supports the back of my neck and will fit into my tote bag that contains my lunch and other necessary items, so I don't have to carry another bag on top of that. Any ideas? What could I purchase that is already round and narrow that I could fill with beads or fiber fill that isn't a tube sock. At home I would not mind, but clad in my career clothes, I will not be seen in public with anything that resembles a sock.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm