Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wedding dress made into first communion dress *pics*

Posted by huggybear_2008 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 20, 08 at 11:13

I used my neice's 24 year old wedding dress to make my grand daughter her First Communion Dress.. Here are the results.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z82/route8joanc0904/wedding dress into first communion dress/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wedding dress made into first communion dress *pics*

Very nice,and cute little girl.

A couple months ago i finally gave my 50 year old wedding dress to the Disabled Vets thrift store.I kept hoping someone would be able to wear it someday,but the girls today are bigger in almost every way than i was back then,and i don't mean any direspect by that.
Kathi

o

kathi, I know what you mean.. I used all the wedding dress, except I did have to made a new bodic...and then I added the wedding dress cap sleeves and took the ruffel from the wedding dress and added to the front of the dress.. This little grand daughter is a little on the plump side and my neice was about a size 2... the dress back was longer than the front so I did have to do some fancy foot work there to make it work.. I also was able to use the netting from the dress for her vail..then I just added some ribbons and little tiny rose buds to the waist band which was a new piece and a large bow in the back.. I also added some rose buds to each stremer of ribbon down the front of the dress. It sure did save her mother a ton on money.. as the rest of the girls dresses cost almost $100.00 or more and our cost aprox.. $6.00.. I was lucky the wedding dress was not realy fancy and I was able to wash the dress... believe it or not.. before I started.. which worked out great.. I am all for recycle when ever I can..
Thanks for looking
Huggybear

o

Wow! I'm impressed! Great job!
Kathy G in MI

o

Beautiful first communion dress! You did a lovely job on it!

Teresa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here