Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Montgomery Wards Sewing Machine Model 30

Posted by vintagesew (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 17, 07 at 0:50

Hello everyone!

I have a vintage Montgomery Wards Sewing Machine Model 30 and I am looking for a copy of the instruction/maintenance/etc. manual. Would anyone have one they would be willing to share or I could possibly purchase?

If not, is anyone out there using this model? I want to double check my threading and such, my tension is wonky and just won't settle down. I have used the machine for years, but it has been awhile... been through all I can figure out to make it work correctly.

I have also scoured the various websites that have manuals for sale, etc. but no luck. Just hoping someone out there has one!

Thanks! Appreciate any help you can provide.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Montgomery Wards Sewing Machine Model 30

I think u may be able to get a copy of the manual at sewusa. I was looking for a manual for a vogue stitch and went there and saw a lot from other makers. My vogue stitch looks a lot like wards and kenmores. I think they maybe made by the same manufacter somewhere in Japan and sold to stores here. Mine came from Spiegel originally so they are hard to find manuals for but good luck to u...I'm still looking...

o

Hello what is it doing I may be able to help.But wonkey dosent help much. Harold gldnagr@otelco.net

o

I found the manual for a New Home Rotary Sewing Machine at Relics dot com you might try there. Good luck

Here is a link that might be useful: Relics

o

Also try allbrands.com. They have a lot of vintage instruction booklets.

DonnaR/CA

o

This is for Craftycom,
Hello I was searching the web myself for a Speigel Manual. Then My Mom called & I asked her if she still had the manual. I didn't think she did because It was not with it. Anyway She did. If yours is a Spiegel Vogue Stitch I would be happy to copy the manual for you. You can contact me Via e mail @ PebJune1@aol.com & put Spiegel Manual in the subject line.

o

Can you post a picture somewhere? If I can see the machine, I might be able to offer some suggestions. I collect antique and vintage sewing machines, and M-W sold an awful lot of different models through the years. Early on they were made by the National Sewing Machine Company. Later models (1955 and on) were usually Japanese-made machines.

Annie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here