Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
budster_gw

Loanhogan......joansews4u.......need diva update please?

budster
15 years ago

I am missing our updates on the sewing diva(s). What have the junior sewers been up to and how much has Aunt Susan's stash gone down? Budster -Auntie from afar.

Comments (10)

• loganhogan
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Cheryl,
    She's personally trying to be the death of me, LOL. Mother kept her most of the summer and she made a tote bag and some head bands for the World Changers ( a group of Southern Baptist students that go to poor areas and work 1 week of the summer).
    Once school started back she began getting very anxious, the school counselor was unable to resolve the problem and she's now seeing one of my co-workers. She is worried that she won't do well in school, says 4th grade is too hard, etc, etc. I've helped with homework on several occassions, as has Warren. He and I also helped for 2 weeks work on a project about Christopher Columbus.
    I think she's planning on spending some of her fall break with Mother.
    Here's a picture of some flip-flops she made this summer when she spent a day with me.

We've got a new Diva in training. She'll be a year old in a week and she was talking jibberish to me because I didn't finish her pumpkin dress, shame on me for finishing the one she'll wear to her party, LOL.
    I'll get pics of her next week at the party and post them.
    Susan

• jaybird
    15 years ago

WOW she is going to be a beautiful young lady..
    How is your Mom???
    Please don't be such a stranger, we miss you all!
    Thanks Budster for starting this post!
    J

• joansews4u
    15 years ago

See the watery eyes...playing with the cat. I had a cousin up from FL & she came after school one day. The next thing he knew, she had the cat in a popcorn box & was combing her with a comb. He wanted to know what that deal was about & she told him her mother didn't allow her to hold her or pet her so she carried her around in that box & combed her to pet her. He asked how she got her in the box w/o holding her & she said she put some of that fabric over there around her to pick her up & put her in the box.

Her mom would freak if she knew Susan posted pictures of her with uncombed hair.

She is growing up on us. She has been to 2 dances at school. First one she had a date & both mothers went along. This time, that idea was no longer exciting.

We did some yard work this summer but she went to camp 3 weeks half days. School was only out 9 weeks. They started back Aug 7th. We are ahead on our stash of sweatbands for the World Changers for next year.

I am working on a project for my brother's antique car club....Model-A Fords. He finally got a car design so I have been putting it on their shirts & making tote bags & putting it on them. I have been doing things for the Cerebal Palsy Center. They are always in need of bibs & etc. Let the babies get new bibs & the older or adult clients notice right off & start whining. I stopped by last week to drop off something to my niece who is their daycare director. The next thing I knew various staff was peeping in the door saying they heard "The bib lady is here!The bib lady is here!" Only the bib lady was not bearing bibs so I guess that means I need to get busy. Life is simple when a bib brings so much excitement!!!

Health wise, I am ok but the side effects of the Arimidex, that I will have to take 5 years, is taking it's toll. I am almost at the end of my first year. I don't know which side effect is the worst. There's pain, flu feeling, awful sweating, sleeplessness, my new hair is thinning, respiratory problems when I already have asthma. I have met several who asked to be changed. There are 4 out there. I was put on this after DNA testing showed it to be the best of the 4 for my case. I still have too much fabric to sew up to check out of here so I am trying very hard to tolerate it.

I get the Reclast infusions for my bones. It's due in Dec & makes you feel awful for about 2 weeks. They told me this was going to be a journey but I think more of a "Road Trip"
    along a very bumpy road but I do have a map & pretty much know what's ahead.

The cancer research team that met in TX last fall has come to the conclusion that breast cancer & prostrate cancer pateints show a lack of calcium & Vit D in their systems. Everyone should request the test & get the levels where they need to be. A lot of people taking calcium are taking the suggested amount once a day instead of 2-3 times a day with food & it just winds up in the commode. If you don't have the proper level of Vit D, you don't absorb the calcium. We have so much sunscreen in everything & tinted windows that we don't get what we need from the sun. My level was real low....about the only thing that showed off kilter in my lifestyle. So get your's checked....just a little blood is all they need.

• keepeminstitches
    15 years ago

The diva is a DOLL, and growing up soooo quickly!

Wow, Joan! I had never heard that about Vit D and calcium! Is that something that typical doctors don't know about? Mine has never mentioned it, but then he didn't know what Boniva is either (guess he doesn't watch Sally Field on tv)! It is great to hear from you! Be strong and tough like us good women are! We're all rooting for you...

Mary

• jaybird
    15 years ago

So GOOD to hear from you Joan....sounds like you are staying busy making everyone happy...
    my prayers are still for you!
    Blessings,
    J

• kathi_mdgd
    15 years ago

Hi Susan and Joan,
    The "Diva "is as cute as ever.Enjoy every minute of her,they grow up soooooooooooooo fast.

Joan,glad to see you are doing so well!! I'm just starting the fight you've been in for a year or so.I go get my port put in tomorrow.It's been a rough road so far.I had a bilateral mastectomy on the 21st of august.So it sure hasn't been a walk in the park.

Continue to take care of yourself and each other,and stay in touch.
    Kathi

• jaybird
    15 years ago

Hugs to you too Kathi! and prayers.

• joansews4u
    15 years ago

Kathi, Wish I had known you were having surgery. I made bags/pouches for the drain bags to wear 24/7 & ones to use to shower. I'd have been glad to send you a set. The worse thing with my "journey" was shingles right there at the end. I thought they were going to be the death of me. If you ever had chicken pox, they can surface when your body is taxed. They have that shot now & I am tempted to get it because they said you only broke out on one side & it covered you forever...well, I had a less severe case on the other side a week later. I am not convienced they will keep me from having them again down the road. Take care & e-mail me if you have questions I may be able to answer about the poking & probing.

• loganhogan
    15 years ago

Kathi,
    I just wanted to let you know that you are in my prayers. I hope your chemo time goes by fast.
    Hugs,
    Susan

• kathi_mdgd
    15 years ago

Thanks Ladies,Joan i just emailed you through"my page".
    Kathi

Sponsored
Central Ohio's Source for Reliable, Top-Quality Roofing Solutions