Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barb_roselover_in

Tell me how, please

Somebody mentioned a while back that you could look at pattens on line. Would somebody tell me how I go about this? Thanks in advance. Barb

Comments (8)

• lizbeth-gardener
    9 years ago

Do you mean patterns or patents? Or neither?

• noinwi
    9 years ago

Barb, are you looking for websites that sell patterns, or looking for sites where you can look at the pattern pieces laid out? Not sure if I can help with the second, but if you look up the pattern brand, ie McCall's, Simplicity, etc, their websites are available to look through. They will even list some out of date discontinued patterns. Hope this helps.

• barb_roselover_in
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Well, I certainly did not have any good luck with this. I surely am doing something wrong. We do not have any fabric stores available here and have very limited Simplicity patterns at the local Walmart store. I am interested in finding a suit jacket pattern with a mandarin collar or standup collar, short, fitted and plain. This is so discouraging to have to shop like this. I haven't gotten much help. This is not a very active forum, I'm afraid for those of us who like to sew. Barb

• lazy_gardens
    9 years ago

HERE:

1 go to Google
    2 enter the name of the pattern company and the word patterns.
    3 Click on the link to the pattern company
    4 Use their site search engine to see if they have any collar styles you like

Repeat for the remaining companies

• qwkslver
    9 years ago

I go to Simplicity's web site and find patterns I want and then to Ebay to buy them

• noinwi
    9 years ago

Sorry I couldn't give you more detailed information Barb, as I wasn't sure what you wanted. I agree with Nbgramma about eBay. There are lots of patterns at reduced prices there, although it takes a bit of looking. I agree this forum is not as active as it once was and probably for the same reasons you mentioned...lack of fabric stores, and patterns(and pattern prices),etc. It used to be cost effective to sew back in the day and I used to sew quite a bit. The grandkids grew faster than I could keep up with and now I mainly sew to repair and patch things for DH and myself, or maybe make a cushion cover here and there. I miss making my own clothes, but these days I wear t-shirts and jeans...haven't worn a skirt since 1995 or so(and in the 70s and 80s I made most of my clothes). I keep thinking I'd like to start making simple quilts because our blankets are old and new quilts cost so much, but I don't know if I'll get around to it. Still, I check in to this forum from time to time when I get a hankering for stitching something up. I hope you find a pattern you like and post the result.

• noinwi
    9 years ago

Here's a link to eBay patterns for women.

Here is a link that might be useful: women's patterns

• evaf555
    9 years ago

http://www.mccall.com/home.html

There used to be the "big four" Butterick, Vogue, McCalls, Simplicity. Butterick and Vogue were actually the same company.

Now Mc/Butter/Vogue is banded together. Simplicity and New Look are the same company.