Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Altering overalls to have snaps

Posted by teddieeb (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 13, 07 at 21:34

Hi, I know this is weird but bare with me on this. I have some store bought overalls that I wish to alter to have snaps in the crotch and down the inner leg seams, much like one would put on children's clothing. I have done this once, but found that the snaps popped at the top when one set down. I assume because the original pattern didn't leave extra room for this feature... Is there a way to alter existing pants in this way or do you have to do them from scratch?? Any suggestions would be swell.

Thanks;
TeddieeB

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Altering overalls to have snaps

I learned the solution to this problem all on my own. The problem was that I put my snaps in backwards. I installed them with the studs in the front seam and the receivers in the back seam, it that makes any sense. it should be the other way around, the receivers should be on the front and the studs on the back, that provides for more support when pulled. the other way the studs where pulled right out and *SNAP* I actually learned this by my original pair, I actually "screwed up" on the last snap, It was near the crotch, I installed it the right way and did it would stay, So I pulled the one on the other side and VOLA! Problem Solved!

o
RE: Altering overalls to have snaps

Well thanks for posting back with your solution. Good for you correcting your own problem. I will keep your discovery in mind should I have to deal with the same situation, again thank you for sharing your solution with us. Budster

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here