Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oilcloth by the yard, about 52' wide.

Posted by jenn (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 21, 10 at 20:25

I'm looking for oilcloth I can purchase by the yard to cover a square picnic table. The table is 47" wide, so I would like to a single piece of oilcloth that's 52" or more wide so I can attach the edges under the top of the table.

In addition, I want one of the bright-colored floral or fruit patterns, like the bright-colored ones on this page.

Has anyone seen this anywhere?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oilcloth by the yard, about 52' wide.

I've seen oilcloth in some stores and hardware stores, but none like your samples.

However there are places on line that sell it, but I've never bought from any of them. Do a google search and you'll find several sites that sell what you are looking for.

o

DH bought 3 really pretty and bright ones from Party City for the 4th of july this year.Some yardage stores also sell it.
Kathi

o

Thank you.

I should have mentioned that I've already done a Google search and visited Jo-Ann's. All of the on-line sources I looked at carry it in 47" widths. (That's not to say I looked at all the sources ---- just saying that about the sources I did look at.)

o

Try Fabric.com. They also have laminated fabric which is similar to the oilcloth. The Free Spirit brand comes in the wider widths.
Another option is to sew widths together but you'll have to match the pattern. You'd need to have a wider middle piece, then a smaller piece on each end and you'd need to use a teflon or roller foot.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fabric.com Vinyls

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here