Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stradivara Sewing Machine....

Posted by Jaybird (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 8, 05 at 18:10

Hi there,
I am searching for a belt for a Stradivara Sewing Machine. It was purchased in 1971. They were popular in our area in the schools, and I was teaching home-ec. I bought one for personal use and I love it!! It will do ANYTHING except cook supper, and it would try to do that!! The belt was flat on one side but had little lugs on the back. I took the machine to a dealer here and he put three different belts on, but they all lack the "lugs" and they all slip. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know...I can't seem to locate the company, but I know that there are a lot of the machines out there.
Sincere thanks in advance for ANY info!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stradivara Sewing Machine....

Gee, I searched for Stradivara, Stradavara, Stradevara, and some others, but could not find a single link to sewing machines (found lots of music, violins, silverware, etc. - LOL!).

Give this site a try... you will see a bunch of belts with lugs...

If they don't have the exact one you are looking for, just email them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sewing Machine Parts Store

o

Hi there,
Red, I emailed them, and will keep you posted!(and the silverware is beautiful too :^)
I like this old machine so well that I'm even looking for another one to be my "spare" machine. I have a Singer and don't much like it...it's too lightweight and jittery!! You know that I am an old lady and "sot" in my ways....I want my sewing machine to be that way as well!

o

You could also try:

Here is a link that might be useful: The Sewing Tech

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here