Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How do you get inspiration?

Posted by pris (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 22, 11 at 16:15

I have roman shades cut out to make for my kitchen and breakfast room windows and just cannot get inspired to get them finished. What do you do to kick start your projects when you get like this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How do you get inspiration?

Happens to me all the time. Eventually, you'll get back to them. You'll have company, or you'll want to start another project but feel obligated to finish the shades first. Hang in there; the hardest part (for me, anyway) is getting back to the project, but when I finally do, I'm glad I did. You'll get there, don't worry.

Sherry

o

I wish I knew my get up and go got up and went a long time ago

o

lol, minnie,

Sherry is right, it does eventually come and you get the project finished. The only problem is, for me, it takes a long, long, long time. For instance. I started a pair of pillowcases (embroidery) in Jr Hi and didn't finish them 'til after ds2 was born. And again, I started two heirloom afghans in 1996 for my sisters and finished them last april. Inspiration is a long time coming for me. I just wish I could find something to kickstart my lazy *** that didn't take forever.

o

If the project is something I really need, then I won't let myself put it away. It can sit on a chair or table, but I won't let myself put it away.

If I don't need it and don't have a lot of money involved in the project, I just donate the pieces to someone -- or keep the fabric in my stash.

Life is too short to sweat the little stuff.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here