Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Coronado model 45-4114 S-M-5 4114A Made in Japan

Posted by kk2506 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 9, 11 at 14:35

I was given my grandma's sewing machine to use. I need to get a new belt for the hand wheel. Any ideas where I can get one? I have the instruction manual for it for threading and using it, I just need a belt. It was purchased in 1964 and is the automatic zig zag version.

KK

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Coronado model 45-4114 S-M-5 4114A Made in Japan

Any sewing machine repair place should stock belts. Take the old on with you to get one the right length. If you don't have the old one, use a string around the pulley and wheel to determine length. The motor mount should have some play in it to allow you to install the new one, then tighten it to the correct tension. For optimum sewing, it should be as loose as you can make it, yet not slip on pulley or wheel.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here