Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pink Morse 4500 Sewing Machine HELP

Posted by orchidfrenzy (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 10, 10 at 11:40

I bought this machine and through an online friend was able to determine by it's serial numbers etc. that it's a Model 4500. I'm unable to find out squat about this model. It seems like this is a model that no one bought or they made very few of them. I've replaced the belt and it works, but I've not been able to get it to sew. I don't know if I've got it threaded incorrectly or if the tension disc is messed up. But, IT'S PINK and l fell in love with it:> Anyone familiar with this model?

Here is a link that might be useful: machine photo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pink Morse 4500 Sewing Machine HELP

It would thread like any other machine from what I can see. When you put the bobbin in, make sure it unwinds counterclockwise. If all of that is correct, I would take it to a repair shop and see if the machine is out of time. It will appear to sew correctly but the stitches are not well made. I love the color also. Good luck

o

I just hate to have to spend more to fix it than I paid for it! But, I think that's what I'll have to do...

o

I have a manual for this machine I tried to upload it here but it wouldn't allow me to. If you want a free copy of the manual give me an email address to send it to you at.

o

I also bought a machine because of it's color. It's a Necchi Lelia 515 and it's PINK! When I bought it it was in pretty bad shape but it did run when I plugged it in. The engine also sounded good even though I could tell it hadn't been used in ages. It had that "stored where no-one cared about it" look. I brought it home, clean and oiled it and it sews well. It does have an issue with holding the ziz-zag settings. I took it to a repair shop and he said it was fixed but it still won't hold the settings. Get this...the repairman said "Hold the button in place while you are sewing" WHAT???? Spoken like someone who does NOT sew. Anyway it runs well for general sewing and I do love the color.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here