Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to attach baton/wand to grommet curtain

Posted by qmarker (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 10, 10 at 9:04

I'm stuck!! I've never had grommet curtains but want them in my new condo. I don't know how easily they push-pull but I'd like to add a drapery wand because the windows are tall and I don't want to ruin the fabric in any way by grabbing it too low.

How on earth can I add a baton/wand to a grommet drape or curtain when there is no hook. Can I sew something to hook the wand to, and where would the placement be?

I'm thinking "hook and eye" Am I way off track here?

Thank you for your thoughts, Donna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to attach baton/wand to grommet curtain

I have never had grommet curtains but I would put a ring with the baton attached, on the rod between the last 2 grommets. I wouldn't attach it to the curtain at all. If you sew on a hook stress is going to be on the sewnhook and pull on the drapes. Attaching it to the rod however puts no strain on the curtain at all. Just make sure your gromets are bigger than the rod so the grommets slide easily

o
RE: How to attach baton/wand to curtain

I'd like to use a baton/wand thing to pull curtains that are just ruched over the rod. Is there a way to do this without ruining the curtains? Not sure how to attach it. These curtains also have some stringy things to (I think) put through rod to make them look more pleated. Maybe I could attach to those?

o

Rodpockets are not meant to be opened and closed, unless you attach them to rings. IOW, treat like a flat panel.
Not sure what the stringy things are.
You could also use tiebacks to open them up.

o

I found this "special grommet" on-line.

Here is a link that might be useful: grommet

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here