Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Desperately Seeking Father's Day Fabric

Posted by judik_sews (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 29, 08 at 8:53

I am a former quilter, after my stroke I found all of the planning and math just too much work. I am now turning my huge stash into collars for retired racing greyhounds. I do not take any money for my collars. Last year I made and donated 500 collars to greyhound rescue organizations. One of the most popular things that I do is sewing a year of collars and donating it for benefit auctions (one collar for each month - covered with fabric coordinated with the major holiday that month.) I can't believe I have to say this - but I didn't buy enough of the fabric that I use for Father's Day and I will soon run out!!! The fabric was made 3-5 years ago and it was red with words about father's and dads all over it - it said "Pop", "Dad", "Daddy-O", "Poppy", etc in many colors and many fonts. I need at least two more yards - I would be willing to buy a bolt if anyone finds one lying about in their favorite quilt shop. I will pay for it or trade many ready-to-sew quilts that I have in my stash - I have quite a few I-Spy quilts cut - I will never assemble them now. Thanks in advance for any help that anyone can provide.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Desperately Seeking Father's Day Fabric

Have you done a Google search for the fabric? You may have luck checking ebay also.

Good luck, sounds like a nice cause.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here