Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How can I make a relief on scrubs

Posted by sweetkitten51 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 30, 08 at 7:20

I am making a scrub top for a friend,useing a print that has lizards on it.
How can I stuff one of the lizards?
I only want to stuff it enough to be noticed.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How can I make a relief on scrubs

I'd sew a piece of muslin to the back of the fabric, outlining the lizard. Trim close to the excess fabric away with a pinking shears. Now cut a slit in the muslin, on the bias if you can, and lightly pad the lizard with some poly batting. Place a patch inside the slit and then turn the edges of the slit inside and hand stitch them down to the patch with tight, close stitches. Alternatively, you can sew a patch over the slit, but the first method is less noticeable.

Annie

o
RE: How can I make a relief on scrubs

I'd sew a stabilizer - you could use a non iron on pellon piece (on the sturdy side). Put it on the back of the lizard you want to stuff, stitch around the lizard leaving a small space to add stuffing, pin and continue stitch until it's closed. Be careful not to over stuff.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here