Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
liddybuff

How To Stop Your Foot Pedal from Creeping

Liddybuff
10 years ago

For years I have been bothered by the fact that my sewing machine foot pedal would creep away from my foot. (I usually sew in an area with carpet) Recently I saw in Hancocks an answer to my problem. It was similar to a car floor mat but smaller. The center of it was covered with a carpet like material. This is where you place your foot pedal. The bottom of the mat had tiny little nubs on it so it would stay where you wanted it. It was great but I did not want to pay the price they asked for it. ($14.99) I was telling my husband about it and he suggested I put Velcro on the bottom of my pedal. That's exactly what I did. I used some plastic type tape that I had had for years wondering what to do with it. It has adhesive on the back and the "teeth" are like tiny rigid plastic tips that cling to my carpet. I think it is used for mounting rigid things to something. It works like a charm. Thanks Hubby!! I was wondering if the adhesive rubber that you install around doors to keep the cold out would work on solid surfaces?

Comments (4)