Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathi_mdgd

Crib sheets i made

kathi_mdgd
10 years ago

I think the crib sheets we make are sooooooooo much cuter and better than those at the stores.
Kathi

Comments (15)

• Laurie
    10 years ago

These fabrics are so cute! The monkeys are my favorite : )

Do you have a pattern for these sheets?

• qwkslver
    10 years ago

Such a good job and what cute fabric. Good for you!

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Laurie,you really don't need a pattern.I have made these for years,but I had forgotten what the measurements were,so I followed this tutorial on the web.

http://www.danamadeit.com/2008/07/tutorial-crib-and-toddler-bed-sheets.html

Since I was going to be making several of them and wanted to do assembly line prep I cut an 8" square from cardboard,and folded the fabric so I could cut all the corners at once.

I have a serger,so I also serged the edges.
    One 8yd pkg of 1/4 " elastic will do 3 sheets.So easy,and you get what no one else has,and they are better made and cuter fabric.That's JMO of course.
    Kathi

• missemerald
    10 years ago

Very cute! Another great idea is when your kid is old enough to transition to a toddler bed, which uses crib size sheets), you can use that pattern to make top sheets for the bed (just put elastic on one end) that will match/coordinate with these. That's what I did-- my daughter loved picking out the material.

(BTW, I love the birdies!)

• Laurie
    10 years ago

Kathi - Thank you so much for the link and the extra tips you gave.
    That's so neat you have a serger.
    missemerald - great idea for a toddler bed top sheet and I like the idea of putting elastic on one end.

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Laurie,you're welcome.

Does anyone have the measurements for the mattress in the pack and play thingy.I want to make her some sheets for that,but I need the measurements,and she doesn't have a tape measure or anything like that and can't get out to the stores.

I also make the burp pads,and bibs with leftovers or other fabrics.
    Kathi

• GmaSue.3gkids
    10 years ago

Don't forget to always pre-wash your fabrics. Shrinking usually will occur.
    I have sold crib sheets and I always make a notation on them that they have been pre-shrunk.
    Nothing worse than a jersey or a flannel or cotton sheet shrinking on the first wash.

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

GmaSue,
    No worries there for me ,if i'm making something that will be washed,then I ALWAYS wash the fabric first.Nothing worse than making something then have it shrink or bleed.
    Kathi

• tami_ohio
    10 years ago

Kathi, I don't know if you still need the dimensions for the pack and play mattress but here you go. I just had my daughter measure hers. It is 38" x 24" x 2". I may be needing the tutorial you linked. My grandson just turned 10, but my daughter has baby sat for some time and uses the pack and play a lot. We were just told she is due Jan. 31, 2014! We will be finding out what the baby will be, so I may be making sheets cause she isn't finding anything she likes so far.

Tami

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Tami thanks,I did get the measurements for the pack and play.B.c. said it fits in length and width,but is just a little loose as I couldn't' find the thickness of the matter.but she said she just tuck it in for now,as she is going to get a Flickr matters for it. Congrats on the new baby,The sheets are very easy.
    Kathi

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sorry for the misspelled words,sent it from my kindle and they think I don't know how to spell.
    Kathi

• SproutingLexi
    10 years ago

Very cute! I've saved a few patterns (they're really just measurements) and am about make some later this year. I'm waiting for the black Friday weekend fabric sales. I got the softest flannels last year for a dollar per yard.

• kathi_mdgd
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Where did you get flannel for 1.00 a yard?? All we have here is Joanns fabric,and they never have anything that cheap,and if they did you/I probably wouldn't want it.
    Kathi

• blubird
    10 years ago

Just an FYI , pack and play sizes can vary, but they're all pretty thin. I made all the sheets for the cribs and PnP for all my grandkids. The last 3 just turned/ are turning 8 now.

Helene

• donnar57
    10 years ago

We have 3 pack-n-plays between my two daughters and me. None of them have more than 1" thick mattress. Has to be uncomfortable for baby! When my daughter and granddaughter came to visit, we handed a thick baby quilt to my daughter to put on the bottom of that pack n play to give it more cushion. (It had been one of my daughter's quilts when she was a baby!) Half the time, though, my granddaughter squirmed around and hugged the quilt while sleeping!

Donna

Sponsored
One Source Systems
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Top Choice for Reliable Home Automation & Home Media in Loudoun County