Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jenna1_gw

Tracking history of scissors

jenna1
18 years ago

Several weeks ago an elderly neighbor passed away. Her DIL, knowing that I spent alot of time with my neighbor and helping her, gave me her old Singer sewing machine and cabinet. The cabinet is very old...it's the kind with the trundle (honestly am not sure if that's what it's called) foot peddle. The beauty is in the old cabinet and I love it!

Inside one of the little drawers I found several old pairs of scissors. For some reason I'm really interested in the history of one pair, however I really can't find anything on them. I was wondering if perhaps someone might recognize what is written on it and steer me to something that might help in researching it. I would really like to give them back to my neighbor's daughter with a printout of their origins. Forgive how the below is spaced, but this is how it is written:

Made by

Richard (or could be Richards)

of Sheffield

England

Radiant

Golden

Rustless

The inside of the scissors is stainless steel attached (rivets, I believe) to the scissors (hard to describe) and says:

Inlaid

Stainless Steel

Brit Pat No. 923287

I've read alot about Sheffield, England in the past week and can't find anything pertaining to the manufacturer, etc.

Thanx for any and all help!

Jenna

Comments (15)