Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Giving some stuff away

Posted by rivkadr (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 26, 09 at 22:36

Hi all -- I normally hang out in other forums on this site, but I'm stopping in here to see if anyone wants some odds and ends. I inherited all my grandmother's sewing stuff several years back, and I finally just went through it all. I'm keeping all the good fabric for my quilting, but the rest of this stuff is of no use to me.

- Singer sewing needles and a few other odds and ends. I have no idea how old they are -- probably from the 70's or earlier, I would guess. The needles range in size from 11 to 16. My grandmother's machine was a black one with gold trim, but beyond that, I know nothing. There's also a couple of feet that look like they would go on the machine. If you want pictures of those, let me know.

- box of thread. Lots of weird colors. The majority is on wooden spools.

- box of lace trim, and other kinds of trim.

- box of buttons. I doubt there's anything in here that's worth money; it's just a bunch of old buttons, and nothing really exciting. But if you want some buttons...

- box of odds and ends. Has zippers, hooks and eyes, needles.

If you're interested in any or all of this, send me an email (click on my profile, and send me an email through there). I'd just be happy to send it to a good home.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Giving some stuff away

All of the items have been claimed :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here