Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luv2craft_gw

Recycle help

luv2craft
13 years ago

Does anyone know of a recycle center where I can send sewing thread to recycle? Thanks for any help.

Comments (4)

• blueberrier1
    13 years ago

There are several church groups that send hand crank machines to central Am countries and they are always glad for threads, trims and fabs. I do not have specific names just now, but will try to get them within a week. In many teaching hospital areas, there are sewers for preterm infants who also take extra threads.

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    13 years ago

You could simply donate to a local charity thrift store - I'm always buying 2nd hand notions, & I'm not the only 1....

• aok27502
    13 years ago

When I cleaned out my mother's sewing room, I contacted a local sewing store (privately owned, not a chain). They cleaned out the fabrics and notions, and some went to the local womens' prison, where they have classes to teach the inmates a skill before they are released. Maybe there is something like this in your area? Perhaps the local womens' shelter?

• donnar57
    13 years ago

Sometimes a local community theatre company would like fabric, thread and other notions, for costuming. My mom did that when she had to go through her sister's sewing room. Then she decided to save me the heartache and went through her own. Several theatre companies benefited!

Donna

Sponsored
One Source Systems
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Top Choice for Reliable Home Automation & Home Media in Loudoun County