Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ilmbg

can disc be copied??

ilmbg
14 years ago

I will also post on embroidery...

When you want just one item to embroider/sew, are you able to make copies of discs? Or are discs unable to be copied?

I hate to buy a $99 disc when I will never use it again.

Thank you.

Comments (5)

• debs3
    14 years ago

The embroidery design cards I have are older. Using my embroidery software I can make copies. I don't know how they are currently trying to protect the copyrights on the newer cards/discs. Legally I can only use the designs and copies I have made as long as I own and possess the original card/disc. The copies and card/disc are for my use only, not to be shared with someone else.

Please do not break the copyright laws. It hurts all of us. It is stealing.

Thank you.

• ilmbg
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I have no intention of 'stealing'! I am just trying to understand what is ok and what is not.
    Insinuating that I possibly want to 'steal' is very upsetting and a rude asumption.

• debs3
    14 years ago

I am sorry you are offend. The way you posed the question, "When you want just one item to embroider/sew, are you able to make copies of discs? Or are discs unable to be copied? I hate to buy a $99 disc when I will never use it again.", gave me pause.

Again, I am sorry, I misunderstood. As I understand you now, you are asking the question in order to do what is right.

You may already know this, but there are some embroidery design sites where you can purchase individual designs. Amazing Designs is one. You would not have to pay for a whole disc of designs that you may not use.

• ilmbg
    Original Author
    14 years ago

deb3- Thanks for better understanding of what I am trying to find out. And the site to look at. (oh what poor grammar- my mother and teachers would be horrified if still alive!).
    I did find some sites where I can buy one or several patterns, although I am not understanding if I download the program?? Do I make a cd copy in case my computer crashes again as it has done twice so far??
    I did not win my bid on Ebay for a machine, so still have to solve that problem.

Thanks again.

• debs3
    14 years ago

Before I try to answer your question, can you tell me what embroidery machine you have, and how you would transfer the downloaded embroidery design from you computer to your embroidery machine?

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022