Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Newbie with buttonhole problem - Janome

Posted by leylowe (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 2, 13 at 17:48

I'm very new to sewing - hope this isn't a dumb question! I'm using a Janome Magnolia 7318 which has a 4-step buttonhole feature. I followed the instruction manual exactly, but the right side of my buttonhole is not as thick and substantial as the left side. When it's doing step 3, the machine doesn't make as long a zig-zag stitch as on the other side. Could I be doing something wrong to make this happen, or is this normal? Thanks for any suggestions!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Newbie with buttonhole problem - Janome

It's not normal,then again i'm not familiar with that machine.Google the problem and see what you get,you may find someone that has the same amchine amd can help you out.

This site here isn't very busy as you can see by the date of the posts..
Kathi

o
RE: Newbie with buttonhole problem - Janome

Are you interfacing the piece with the buttonhole? If not, see if that helps. Also, try using a tear-away stabilizer underneath the area with the buttonhole. If you don't have a stabilizer on hand, paper will work.

The sides of the buttonhole feed differently; one is forward and one is backward. Make sure you are only guiding the fabric but not pushing the fabric or holding it so that it feeds more slowly one direction than the other.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here