Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Surgical/scrub cap pattern?

Posted by myyellowstang (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 30, 06 at 15:47

I'm on OR nurse and was looking for a scrub cap pattern, bouffant style. I can make the kind with elastic all around, but was trying to find one that has the solid band in the front and the elastic in the back...

If anyone has a pattern or a heads up on where to find it, I would very much appreciate the information!

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Surgical/scrub cap pattern?

Maybe try making the bouffant style,but instead of elastic make a band fron t-shirt knit(think t-shirt neckline)Seems like that would be easy and comfortable to wear.Just a thought!!
Kathi

o

I bought a pattern to make scrubs but I have not yet opened the pattern. There is a picture on the front for hats and I am never going to make hats. Hope I get the scrubs done someday. The pattern is New Look 6777. If it is what you need I will open the pattern and send you the hat pieces.

o

Thank you very much for your offer! I think that I already have that pattern if it is the one with elastic all the way around...? Or does it have the flat band in the front?

o

It shows both types. One has the flat band on the front with ties in the back.

o

Did you ever find a pattern for this? I'm looking for one too.

Jackie

o

Back in the dark ages when labor and delivery nurses and nursery nurses wore caps I made my own. It was really simple. I used a summer scarf type of hat as a basis. The front part was a doubled layer of fabric that wrapped around the head and tied at the back neck. The band was attached to a rounded triangle of fabric with elastic in the back to draw in the end of the triangle. I think if you go to Nancy's Notions creative kindness pattern or someplace that has patterns for cancer patients you will find what you want. I lost the address of an excellent site that had numerous chemo hats. Try to google 'chemo hats'

Try http://www.headhuggers.org/patterns/spatt01.htm

o

I'm looking for a pattern like that also - I want to make caps for my daughter. I'd be interested in any information you may have. Thanks so much.

o

If you haven't already found something, this may be helpful for you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Doo Rag Pattern

o

You can find a pattern for the bouffant surgical scrub hat and a tieback style hat scrub hat. The patterns are $3.88 and are for downloading.

Here is a link that might be useful: Scrub Hat Patterns

o

I have some patterns on my site too. They are downloads too. I also have them on EBAY and there is a button you can click to pay and then you get an almost instant notice in your email to download your pattern. My eBay store is www.thescrubhatlady.com

Here is a link that might be useful: find scrub hat patterns

o

I now offer FOUR different styles of surgical scrub hat or chemo cap sewing patterns. They are available for download with SUPER EASY to follow instructions. All of the hats are fully adjustable with clear instructions for putting a cord lock in your hat for comfort, or not if you so choose. Visit my online store at www.adesignbyangie.etsy.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Downloadable Scrub Hat Patterns

o
I have a pattern (hats with bands)

Hi, Everyone

I got tired of paying 10$ plus for scrub hats (was buying them from CrazyScrubs) so I took apart one of the hats I never wore and made my own pattern !

I can trace this and add directions to sew it ! I made two Christmas hats today and it took me about an hour per hat. (hay, I was still ironing out the kinks!) Let me know if anyone is interested via email.

Here is a link that might be useful: Blog is a four letter word

o

will be sending patterns out to those who emailed me (if you send a self addressed mailer to me) after Christmas!

Here is a link that might be useful: blogisafourletterword

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here