Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

tension and stich formation question

vacuumfreak
14 years ago

Hi everyone. It's probably been about a year since I have played with my sewing machine and I really have missed it. I decided to play with it last night and have a few questions. When I sew, there there is a "dot" of bobbin thread between each of the top stitches. No noticeable loop or anything though. There is also a "dot" of top thread between each of the bottom stitches. Also, each stitch isn't perfectly straight; it kind of slants just the slightest bit. Is that normal, or do you think my tension is off? I played with the tension dial and tried to pull the thread through it manually and I didn't notice any more drag on the thread when it was all the way loosened than I did when it was all the way tightened. I thought that was weird, but when I sewed, I could definitely tell a difference depending upon where the tension dial was turned. Maybe the difference in drag is just too slight for me to perceive, could that be it, or should I notice it?

If it helps the answers, this is the machine I have. Thanks for any responses/advice!

Comments (4)