Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
touch & sew troubles

Posted by kingwillard (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 27, 10 at 10:45

I'm using an old touch and sew my mom bought in the late sixties or early seventies. First, I can't get the push butoon on the bobbin to go up or down. Second, I seem to be able to thread the machine but when the pedal is pushed sometimes it will move the needle up and down and sometines not. Third, I can't seem to get the knee lever down. Any ideas? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: touch & sew troubles

I would go to Google and type in Singer Touch N Sew machine problems. You should have a lot of help pop up.

o
RE: touch & sew troubles

That sounds like it needs a trip to have it repaired. This isn't normal stuff. Has it been oiled at all? Might just be all dried up and frozen. Try oiling it really well, everywhere it needs it, then hold a blow dryer to it to warm it up.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here