Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathy_sw_va_mts

carrier for a walker

Kathy_sw_va_mts
14 years ago

I need to know how to make a carrier for a walker. Does anyone have a pattern, could one be created using a tote bag? Thank you for your help.

Comments (5)

• dayenu
    14 years ago

every carrier pattern I have seen just dangles and so for a friend I added straps w velcro so it could be kept taught and she could hold on to her walker and rummage around with one hand without the bag flopping all over. she was very appreciative.

• kathi_mdgd
    14 years ago

Go to Hancock fabrics site,they used to have a freebie one.I used it several years ago for my GF.I added pockets for her phone,book etc.You could use a tote bag pattern and just change it around and make tabs instead of straps.
    Kathi

• Marilyn Sue McClintock
    14 years ago

Recently we bought several canvas bags at Joann's they came in sets of 3 I think, different colors. We were to make walker bags and the kids in church were to decorate them and put them in gift bags for the shut ins for Easter. I cut off the handle on one side, measuring them to fit and cut the excess off then sew velcro to the bag handle near the bag and also on the cut strap, trying them on a walker to make sure they worked right. They were a hit. A year or so ago, I made a bag for my Mother's walker and I measured and sort of made it like a long lined place mat, folding up the ends and stitching pockets so far up. With the bag hanging over evenly on the walker, mark where to sew your velcro, near the metal top. This way you have a two sided bag on the walker. I made mine out of flannel with a cute print so it was washable. I hope this helps.

Sue

• FlamingO in AR
    14 years ago

Here's one- I like how it ties at the sides, too, to keep swinging to a minimum.

I googled "free pattern walker bag" and it came up with a ton of hits. You might want to browse around.

Here is a link that might be useful: Here's one-

• FlamingO in AR
    14 years ago

There are a lot to choose from....

Here is a link that might be useful: And more.....

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths