Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loganhogan

Flip Flop Pillowcase Dress

loganhogan
18 years ago

This is what I was telling ya'll about last week. I bought 2 sets of sheets and this was the only pillow case. I may use the 2nd top sheet as fabric. Madison hasn't seen this or it would be her's!

Susan in Bama

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (17)

• budster
    18 years ago

Another winner. Now it looks like it would be so cool (as in not hot) .....you amaze me. I like the fabric.

• loganhogan
    Original Author
    18 years ago

The dress I wore when I graduated high school Mother made from a sheet that had a scalloped edge with coording. It was beautiful, unique and cool. I've never really thought about it, but our sheets seem to "breathe" so these dresses would too.
    Susan

• TeriNY
    18 years ago

Adorable fabric. Wish I could fit into a pillowcase. :)
    I'm more the queen-size sheet size myself. lol

• loganhogan
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Terri,
    I'm in the "Queen" Boat with you!
    Susan

• maders
    18 years ago

I love these!! I copied the posted pattern (different thread) and am planning to make some for my 4 yr old who refuses to wear pants. I think I need to make some bloomers though b/c she doesn't sit like she has a dress on. I have used a 50's pattern and cotton fabric for a pair of pants I made her but I need help adjusting the line for her bottom as it is... how shall I say- ample( just like mom's) and she says shorts and pants "feel funny" LOL

• dayenu
    18 years ago

maders: sandra betzina's books are excellent at showing you how to accomodate sewing patterns and even pillow cases , I bet, into clothing that fits normal bodies. and once you know how to change for a tush, you just make that change each time. well not so easily with a growing child.

the other option is to look for tennis panties, they are meant to be worn with teensy skirts and come in bright colors.

• sandybees
    18 years ago

could someone point me in the right direction for this pattern? I would love to make for my DD and nieces.

Thanks
    Jamie

• topnana17
    17 years ago

I was wondering if anyone can tell me where to get the pattern for the pillowcase dress.

• loganhogan
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Just posting a follow up here that you can email me and I'll email my pattern that Mother (joansews) and I developed last yr.
    Susan

• bamabornbelle
    16 years ago

I would love to have the pattern,too:-)
    You have made some adorable dresses!
    Also, what pattern do you use for the pantaloons? I have searched all over, but found no pattern. Can you help me out? I would greatly appreciate it.

Leigh

• loganhogan
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Leigh,
    I just use a regular pants pattern and about 2 1/2 or 3 inches from my 1/2 inch hem I sew elastic on zig zag before I sew inseam.
    Susan

• zone_8grandma
    16 years ago

Susan,
    If you could email that pattern to me, I'd sure appreciate it. That would make a wonderful little summer dress for my granddaughter.
    TIA

• stacystar350
    16 years ago

I would love for you to e-mail me that pattern as well!!! My little 2 year old daughter could really use some cute dresses (and my pocket book could use a break). thanks!!! StacyStar350@yahoo.com

• loganhogan
    Original Author
    16 years ago

In the future if y'all will click on the "My Page" link next to my name it will allow you to send me an email. I check my email a lot more than these forums.
    Susan

• justcheeky
    16 years ago

Hi everyone - I am LOVING these forums!! I can't wait to make my own pillowcase dresses (thanks to the pattern I received from Susan, "loganhogan"!) I just wanted to let everyone know that I was browsing around looking for some cute pillowcases and found a ton on sale online. I don't want to violate any TOS rules by advertising where I found them, but if you want to know more just e-mail me (most of the cases are $2.99-$3.99 per pair). Just thought I'd pass along the news of the good deals for all of you sewing on a budget! Happy crafting!

Jen

• ruthieg__tx
    16 years ago

That's just adorable..I have set a request for the pattern as well...Thanks in advance.

• mry193
    16 years ago

sooo cute! I requested a pattern also and want to thank Susan and her mom for their generosity in sharing the pattern.
    Mari

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!