Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grommet curtains - header or not?

Posted by andee (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 13, 13 at 21:58

I've read almost a dozen different instructions for making grommet curtains. Some use header tape and others don't.

I'm using the snap-in grommets (large), not the grommet tape. I'll fold over the top to make a header. Should I include header tape? The fabric is medium weight, and the curtains will go to the window sill. The room is casual. I'd like to omit the step, but not if the lack of tape will make the fabric above the grommet floppy or not let the curtain hang right.

What is your experience? advice?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grommet curtains - header or not?

I would use buckram. It will help support the holes you need to make for the grommets as well as the weight of the curtains.

o

I'd use buckram, too.

o

Thanks -- that's what I'll do.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here