Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Site to order fabric

Posted by barb_roselover_in (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 16, 13 at 20:41

We had a JoAnn fabric store but it moved to Kokomo, Indiana, and it doesn't have a very good inventory either. Our Walmart is getting very little in and it is mostly craft stuff, and I hate that. I have a cotton striped fabric that I want to make a summer jacket,from but I need some fabric for the collars and cuffs in a heavier cotton fabric that you would make summer slacks from. I need it in a candy pink color. Can anybody direct me to a source. You used to be able to get some fabric from Nancy Zieman's catalog but I don't get to watch that show anymore. Any help? Barb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Site to order fabric

I love Connecting Threads.

o

fabric.com too

This post was edited by nbgramma on Mon, Jun 17, 13 at 6:51

o

Thanks for replying. I do not do quilting. My desires have to do with the making of my own garments. There is no place where they have that available around here anymore. Even the 4H kids are not interested and they don't teach it in school either. I would like to order some knit fabric to make shirts. Which company would you recommend for that? Barb

o

you might try ebay,,I've bought fabric off ebay and it was very nice fabric, I made some very nice outfits ( top & skirt)
that I wear to church out of the fabric and some outfits I still have to make, also made my dd some lounge pants out of the fabric from ebay..

o

Fabric.com has a section called "Apparel & Fashion Fabric". You'll find knits there.

Here is a link that might be useful: Apparel & Fashion Fabric

o

I have ordered fabrics from the following and been pleased with all of them.
Fabric.com
Hobby Lobby
JoAnn
Hawthorne Threads
Etsy
Ebay

o

I have ordered fabrics from the following and been pleased with all of them.
Fabric.com
Hobby Lobby
JoAnn
Hawthorne Threads
Etsy
Ebay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here