Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ott-lite

Posted by wd8lee (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 30, 09 at 18:27

I accidentally purchased the wrong bulb and I tried to return it to JoAnn's only to find out that they no longer carry the plug in bulbs. (This was a backup bulb and the one in the lamp is still functioning.) They discontinued those bulbs and now carry only the screw in type. JoAnn's would not refund or exchange it. I contacted Ott Lite company and the only thing they would offer was an exchange with a restocking fee of $5. Not only did I have to pay to have it shipped but I also had to pay them to take it back! I will never buy another Ott Lite product. When the bulb in the lamp is no longer functioning, I will convert it to a screw in bulb and buy a competitor's bulb. There are plenty of full spectrum lights available. This was VERY, VERY poor customer service. Do NOT buy Ott Lite. The competitors products are much less expensive and are just at nice.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ott-lite

They have them at Joann.com.
Kathy G in MI

Here is a link that might be useful: Ott replacement bulbs

o
RE: ott-lite bulb

It has free shipping! Kathy G in MI

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here