Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
difference between polyester double knit and scuba?

Posted by rmawhorter (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 15, 11 at 16:54

I'm planning to buy some polyester fabric to make an industrial strength jumper for a little girl. I was looking at this site, http://www.fashionfabricsclub.com/catalog_items.aspx?TypID=24&Viewby=Types&Page=1, and was thinking of ordering some from them. I noticed though that some fabric is label "double knit" and some is labeled "scuba double knit" and is a little more expensive. Can someone explain the difference? What I would like is the fabric from the 70's that everybody made those garish quilts out of.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: difference between polyester double knit and scuba?

By reading the descriptions, I'd say the scuba fabric is slightly heavier. Just a guess as to the difference. The double knits have been much improved since the 70's, so I doubt it will be exactly the same.
You might want to see if you can order a sample of each to be sure it's what you want.

Here is a link that might be useful: Double-knit fabrics

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here