Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Child's Ruffled Skirt Pattern

Posted by selachii (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 14, 07 at 16:39

Has anyone found a simple pattern for a child's ruffled skirt online? My daughter's growing by leaps and bounds, and her favourite skirt is rapidly shrinking on her. It's a little cotton job with a band waist and three lines of ruffles sewn onto the main body of the skirt. I know there are store patterns for them; I found one in the Simplicity order book at my local sewing store, but they were out of actual patterns. So until they restock, I've spent about four hours in two days looking online...with no results. Have any of you found one? If so, please share. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Child's Ruffled Skirt Pattern

You don't mention what size she is but...is this similar to what you're looking for? I find a lot of patterns on eBay. Hope this helps:

Here is a link that might be useful: ruffled skirt

o

if the waist fits, why not just add another
ruffle to it. let her pick out the material and
she will love it. should only take 1/4 yd.

gerryo

o

Another vote for just adding another ruffle. Measure the last ruffle on the skirt, double that amount and cut a strip of fabric how many inches longer you need and gather it up. Sew onto that last ruffle, hem it and you have a skirt that will fit a few more months.

o

I agree with Gerry and Jenni about adding another ruffle...if it's a "tiered" skirt...
My understanding of..."It's a little cotton job with a band waist and three lines of ruffles sewn onto the main body of the skirt."...is that it's a straight or A-line skirt with ruffles sewn onto it. If that is the case, another ruffle may not help if your daughter is growing out of the skirt, and not just getting taller. It may be time for a larger pattern. Did I understand right about the type of skirt?
I'm having a similar problem keeping up with my growing GDs' sizes, and have found quite a few patterns at reduced prices on eBay. Good luck with your skirt.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here