Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brother LB 6770 vs. Brother PC 420 - Any suggestions?

Posted by everythingirl1 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 1, 09 at 16:20

Hi all- I am trying to decide between the Brother PC 420 and LB 6770 sewing machines. I sew curtains, slipcovers, clothes, etc. Both machines have great reviews, but after years of hand-me down machines, what I really want is a great, sturdy machine.

I like the fact that the LB 6770 has the embroidery feature - I think that could be fun. But if the PC 420 is a better sewing machine, then I would sacrifice the embroidery stuff and go for the better sewing machine.

Which machine do you recommend? THANKS!

p.s. my dream is a janome memory craft, but something at the Brother is all I can really afford right now....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brother LB 6770 vs. Brother PC 420 - Any suggestions?

I'm not familiar with either model, but I have a Brother PC8500 sewing/embroidery machine that is about 6-1/2 years old. I used to mainly sew clothes, now mostly sew quilts. I only occasionally embroider with it, but like you say, it's nice to have if you want it.

The machine sews great...I've had very few problems with it. It recently had a pretty expensive repair - 2 circuit boards needed to be replaced. Other than that I have just taken it in annually for cleaning & servicing.

That was kind of the long way to say - I don't think you'll lose any sewing quality by also having the embroidery feature.

Donna

o
RE: Brother LB 6770 vs. Brother PC 420 - Any suggestions?

I would sew on both of them to see which you like best. I have two Brother machines, the Innovis 4500 and Innovis 1200. They are great machines! I sold my Bernina 200 for the 4500, Believe it or not I liked the stitch quality better. My dealer also sells Janome, I liked Brother's stitch quality and ease of use much better. HTH, Todd

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here