Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Not a good day sewing

Posted by donnas (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 22, 12 at 15:37

I decided to make a new valance for my picture window in the living room. I have a swing arm lamp/magnifying glass that clips to my sewing table. I touched it and it fell over!! Looks like the plastic part that held it onto the table had cracked and the lamp was just hanging on the edge of the table. Then, I was turning off my iron (I always press when I sew). The dial on the iron broke LOL. Time for a new iron, I guess. Then there was my serger. It didn't break, but the lower looper wasn't threaded. Hate threading that thing!! I said heck with it and got out of my sewing room before anything else broke or went wrong. Hubby is looking at the lamp now.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Not a good day sewing

Sometimes we just have to quit while we're ahead! You weren't meant to sew yesterday lol. I feel for you, I lent DH my nice OTT lamp w/magnifier attachment a couple yrs ago, he gave it back, minus the clamp for the magnifier...and eyes have gotten worse since I lent him the lamp. I need that magnifier when I use my seam ripper!

Threading sergers is a chore for sure. I got misty eyed the first time I saw a self-threading serger lol. Then I saw the price tag on it & got misty eyed realizing I couldn't afford it, have resigned myself to threading the old fashioned way. Hope you get a nice new iron at least.

o

we all have days when it's best not to sew.
I have a babylock serger that has the jet air system, I bought it off ebay several years ago, used, I paid less than $500.00 for it & I use it when I'm making clothes & my dh uses it when he quilts.

o
RE: Not a good day sewing...attention jomuir

I could not do without the Butler EEZ-Thru Floss Threaders for flossing teeth. A great aid for threading a serger.

o

You should've eaten a frog first thing that morning....

then you would've known nothing worse was going to happen to you all day!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here