Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Instruction for making a crayon apron

Posted by czarena12a (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 25, 07 at 14:52

I would like to make a crayon apron for my gd and a crayon caddy for my gs. Does anyone have any instructions for this. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Instruction for making a crayon apron

Here's a link ,i think you can probably do this without a pattern.Just look at the pictures here,easy to figure out.

http://www.sewspecial.org/Gateway.htm

here's another:

http://familycrafts.about.com/od/easysewin1/

o

Great sites thanks. I did a search and didn't come up with anything like this. Thanks Again.

o

Hi, I hate being a poster pooper but these crayon apron things were very popular back in the 70s. However, the recipients found that once the crayons were no longer nice and new and were indeed "short", they were impossible for little or big finger to get them out.

In my opinion it would be better to make horizontal pockets using something see through so that the color could be seen and the crayon could easily be retrieved no matter how short it got to be.

Hope this is helpful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here