Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lowspark1

Felt vs Blizzard Fleece

lowspark
10 years ago

I'm looking for reasonably priced by-the-yard green felt to use as a sort of tablecloth for playing cards on my dining room table.

I went to JoAnn's fabrics today and they have something called Blizzard Fleece (8.99/yard) which looks and feels like Felt to me.

Are they pretty much the same thing? Or should I be looking specifically for felt? I'd appreciate any advice from anyone who is familiar with these fabrics.

Thanks!

Comments (4)

• iowafarmersdaughter
    10 years ago

I don't play cards. Is there a reason why you want felt or something like it? Maybe I might have some suggestions. I'm one of those fabriolics that knows just enough to get by. ;-)

• lowspark
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Felt makes the cards easier to pick up. Also, the (standard) dark green background makes them easy to see. Also with felt surfaces, the cards don't slide as much. Which can be very important when you're dealing cards quickly or playing where things are being set on the table and are supposed to stay in place.

• iowafarmersdaughter
    10 years ago

Fleece fabric is much stretchier than felt; and, fuzzier. You'd probably be better off with a flannel, than fleece.

• bestyears
    10 years ago

They also sell green felt by the yard, and you can get a 50% off coupon from a smart phone Joann's app, or from the internet.

Here is a link that might be useful: Green felt by the yard