Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Felt vs Blizzard Fleece

Posted by lowspark (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 12, 13 at 14:03

I'm looking for reasonably priced by-the-yard green felt to use as a sort of tablecloth for playing cards on my dining room table.

I went to JoAnn's fabrics today and they have something called Blizzard Fleece (8.99/yard) which looks and feels like Felt to me.

Are they pretty much the same thing? Or should I be looking specifically for felt? I'd appreciate any advice from anyone who is familiar with these fabrics.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Felt vs Blizzard Fleece

I don't play cards. Is there a reason why you want felt or something like it? Maybe I might have some suggestions. I'm one of those fabriolics that knows just enough to get by. ;-)

o

Felt makes the cards easier to pick up. Also, the (standard) dark green background makes them easy to see. Also with felt surfaces, the cards don't slide as much. Which can be very important when you're dealing cards quickly or playing where things are being set on the table and are supposed to stay in place.

o

Fleece fabric is much stretchier than felt; and, fuzzier. You'd probably be better off with a flannel, than fleece.

o

They also sell green felt by the yard, and you can get a 50% off coupon from a smart phone Joann's app, or from the internet.

Here is a link that might be useful: Green felt by the yard

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here