Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What would this "thingy" be called?

Posted by donna_loomis (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 4, 13 at 13:50

I want to make a jewelry pouch for my DIL. It will have a drawstring. I want the drawstring to remain tight after pulling and I would like to use a "thingy" I have seen on other drawstring items that works like this: The "thingy" looks like a good size plastic bead and both ends of the drawstring are threaded through it. It has a little button that can be pushed, which releases tension on the drawstring so that it can be pulled tighter or loosened. I've looked at Joann's website for drawstring and closure, but don't see anything even close. What would I even search for?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What would this "thingy" be called?

a cord lock!

o

And thank you VERY much!

o

If you put 2 strings through the casing they can be pulled in opposite ways to close it. I have made many jewelry pouches and it's what I always use. Then the 2 strings can be tied in a bow to keep it securely closed and inserting a finger of each hand in the opening and pulling sideways opens it neatly

o

Thank you. I'll give that a try. In fact, I think that might be perfect for my DIL, as she has a condition that causes pain in her hands and I was wondering if pushing the button on the cord lock would be a problem.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here