Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pfaff 6270 Tiptronic - advice?

Posted by trifles (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 17, 08 at 12:24

Hi. I'm usually over on the quilting forum, but am seeking advice on a sewing machine. A co-worker is offering her older Pfaff for $500. This model recently sold on eBay for $410, including a Dream World table. I am not at all familiar with Pfaff's though I know they enjoy a good reputation. I wonder if anyone has advice concerning this machine in particular, and what a fair price might be for it? Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pfaff 6270 Tiptronic - advice?

Out of curiosity, I just googled that machine and it seems folks have nice things to say about it. I found in sewing.patternreview.com an older Tiptronic sold for about $1,000, but couldn't find any prices on the model you mentioned. Maybe you can look up some reviews and see what you think. Also, if there's a Pfaff dealer near you, find out what they would charge if they had a used one--just for comparison.
I have an older more basic pfaff (hobbymatic) and I really love it as a back-up, travel machine. It's been very dependable and I didn't have to shell out a lot for a walking foot and darning foot for quilting. It's stitches are just as nice as my Viking.
By what I've read, it looks like the 6270 has the built in walking foot and the needle up/down option--both great for machine quilting. Again, I'd look this up if I were you, but to me, it sounds like a good deal.
Keep us posted on what you decide!

o

Well, I took the plunge! She says she paid about $1300 for it about 9 years ago. Local dealer said blue book value was $350. I offered $410 (one sold for that on ebay recently) and she has accepted the offer (both hers and the ebay machine came with an extension table - nice extra!). Everything I can find on line about Pfaffs has been positive, though I did not find much at all about this specific model. What I did find though, was positive (epinions.com). So, I'm soon to be the proud owner of a Tiptronic! I'm waiting to take possession until her new machine with larger throat space comes in next week. It's going to be a long week.... Thanks for your good advice! Take care.

o

What fun you'll have with that new machine! You'll have to follow up on how you like it after you've had some serious bonding time!
It really does sound like a sweet machine!
Happy sewing!!!

o

I'm a day or two too late for I am looking to buy a 6270 Pfaff !! Anyone out there know of one for sale, especially for under $5oo.oo?

o

I have a Tiptronic 6270 for sale if you are still interested Karen.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here