Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
walmart and fabrics woo hoo!

Posted by kathyg_in_mi (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 2, 12 at 12:21

It's amazing! Several years ago, at least 4, Walmart by us got rid of it's fabric department. I was not happy, and my shopping there became once a month,when some prescriptions could be picked up. Well, yesterday I went to pick up a script and wandered to the back of the store. There was 2 aisles of fabric. Bought a little and told the lady who cut my fabric that this would be bringing me back to the store more frequently! We live about 25 miles from the store. So happy to see this.
So those of you who lost their fabrics at your local Walmarts, have hope!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: walmart and fabrics woo hoo!

We have 2 Walmarts in the same city about 25 miles SW from us, and one 15 miles North. Two of those never did stop selling their fabric, but one did. I think that one is slowly adding fabric back. You can find some really nice fabric at Walmart, too. I don't sew as much as I used to but I still love to look at their fabric, and buy a piece now and then.

o

I live in the heart of Wal Mart country and ours did away with the craft dept several years ago, too. We went from having Hobby Lobby, Hancocks and Wal Mart, all within one block of each other, down to just Hobby Lobby and their fabric dept isn't what it used to be, either. And now, Wal Mart has it back. Not quite as big as before, but way better than it was a few months ago with the 3 spools of thread and 2 zippers. I rarely buy the fabric there but sometimes I'll get muslin or interfacing, basics like that.

o

we have 2 walmarts in our town, the one in town doens't carry fabric anymore, just sewing machines & needles & craft stuff, but the one on the bypass still has fabric,
me & my dh still go back their & look once in awhile to see
what they have.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here