Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texashottie

Designer SE help--tension problems (both me and machine!)

texashottie
16 years ago

I bought a new Designer SE last weekend. I start my classes on it next week but I have already dived into a project.

I'm quilting decorative stitches onto cotton fabric, both backside and top side, with regular quilt batting in between. My top stitches are pulling the bottom stitches through onto the top fabric---the stitches on the backside look better than the front side! I'm trying to adjust the tension of the top thread but it doesn't seem to help in any which direction that I'm adjusting.

Secondly, my bobbin keeps jamming and my feeders subsequently grab my quilt and I end up with a mess of threads underneath. Picking it out is ruining my project!

I find myself getting hot---heat from the machine, plus the quilt on my lap while I pick out the stitches, and my rising blood pressure.... I'm so frustrated that I feel like tossing this Husq-V out the window! (So I'm taking a break from it tonight and venting to you guys!)

I know I need to get those H-V ladies to help me but I work during the day and this happens to me in the evenings when i get home and they're closed.... Does anyone have any suggestions?? I'd so much appreciate it! :)

Comments (9)

Sponsored
FineLine Kitchens, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars81 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Center Serving the DMV Area