Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How To: camouflage the chest freezer in sewing space

Posted by blueberrier1 (My Page) on
Mon, May 10, 10 at 21:47

Have a 'happening' sewing space for upholstery work, but have to share with the 4' wide chest freezer in our walk-out lower level. The freezer top does serve as a handy small cutting space. (The real cutting table is a former pingpong table in the storage room-where there is no room for the freezer).

Only one shelf will fit above the freezer since space is needed for opening the door. Have been searching CL for a large folding screen that I could use as a bulletin board/surround. How has anyone here dealt with something similar? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How To: camouflage the chest freezer in sewing space

If it's a useful work table, take advantage of it.

Can you paint the freezer to match the walls and just ignore it? Velcro a skirt onto it?

o

I would think that a screen would be a nuisance if you have to move it to get into the freezer. Could you mount one of those c shaped shower curtain rods. The kind they use for free standing tubs like claw foot tubs. Then you could put curtains on the rod and it would be easily moved out of the way to access the freezer.

o

I decoupaged a small, white dorm sized fridge with scrapbooking paper and modpodge, it came out really cute. Then I painted the trim to go with it. It ended up with red hibiscus all over it and black trim.

A few years later I redid the craft room and painted the whole thing black, now it disappears and doesn't really catch the eye at all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here