Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flower Power!!

Posted by bayareafrancy (My Page) on
Tue, May 12, 09 at 21:23

Ok, I got her!

Sort of.

I paid for her anyway.

HeavilyBribedHyperactiveSon and I drove the 25 minutes (each way) to the sewing machine shop. I was SO excited!

Then, they didn't have the Flower Power in stock. I guess I wasn't clear in my email to the shop owner that I was actually coming for the machine. :-(

I got to try the other machine with more fancy pants stitches, so I could at least see how "my" machine will feel (since they are the same, except for the extra stitches).

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Wow! It felt like BUTTER! Butter, I tell you! Soooooo smooth and effortless. So shiny and slick. And the speed control? Yowza! I put it on the slowest setting, and invited my 5 year old to put the pedal to the metal. He did, and the machine just sort of batted its eyelashes at him, and began her slow lope--stitch by stitch--across the fabric. My son is so excited that he will be able to use the machine too.

It should arrive by Friday. Maybe Thursday. One can't always be certain of the due date, after all. I've been looking online for tips on introducing a new machine into a home where an Alpha Machine is already established. Apparently, I should let the T & S sniff at the new box first, to introduce the idea of something new entering her domain. I've also read that it might help if I let the T & S sleep with some of the new styrofoam packaging for the first night. And I'm not supposed to leave them alone together for a while. I sure do hope the T & S doesn't start marking her territory--that 65 year old Singer lube leaves a nasty stain.

Gad--this means I have got to finish knitting my son's sweater by Friday!

I need to go to the library and get some of those "I'm a big sister now" type books to read to my eldest. Maybe I can toss some new bobbins in her bag too.

Francy (Expectant mother to number two! Due date: 5-15-09! I need a looser, adjustable top, sewing basket--my notions are REALLY showing!)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flower Power!!

Congratulations.
When i saw the title of your post i thought i was on the wrong board.There's a big crosstitch project going on at 123stitch.com ,where they are having a stitch along and post their progress every week,and i thought that was what your post was about.LOL

Never heard of a machine called Flower Power,who makes it??

Only a couple days left before BABY DAY,good luck,let us know what you have.
Kathi

o

Hee! The machine is the Magnolia 7330, by Janome. It has an awesome ginormous yellow flower on it! Budster nicknamed it Flower Power.

:-D

f

o

Congrats and I'm so excited for you. Hopefully, soon I will be in the same boat as you. But first, I have to get the 'newest addition's' room ready and placate my T & S a little.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here