Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annaruth_gw

koozie cover

annaruth
16 years ago

Have any of you ladies ever made a koozie cover. I had a friend ask me if I could make her some and I was just wondering if anyone had ever done this before I try to create a pattern on my own.

TIA

Anna

Comments (10)

• kathi_mdgd
    16 years ago

I didn't even know what they were,so had to google it.They are can and bottle covers,right?? If so,they are so cheap ready made,why would she want you to spend your time making those.I think you'd have a problem finding supplies.JMO
    Kathi

• joansews4u
    16 years ago

I made them from raincoat type fabric & embroidered on them. I wanted them for water bottles. I measured the bottle I would use & made it tall enough to come to the top of the cap. I put a loop of elastic in the seam about 1 1/2" from the top & used it to scrunch up the top snug around the neck of the bottle to help insulate it better. I used 2 layers of fabric with placemat fleece as an insulator. I cut a circle for the bottom & used 2 layers of fabric there with the fleece between.

Some of my high school classmates & I made a lot for our 40th class reunion as favors. They were such a big hit. We made extras that we sold with an organ donor embroidery design. We had $500 to donate to the American Cancer Society from our class in memory of several who had died of some form of cancer. I saw one classmate awhile back that said someone had asked about us having a 45th next year & if the girls we going to make goodies again. It was a fun project & such a nice time just catching up with old friends at the same time.

• momx3boys
    16 years ago

Here is a good link.
    http://sewing.about.com/od/bagstotespurseproject/ss/canwrap.htm
    Very easy!! These would be super easy and super cheap to make. Have fun.

• kattydid
    16 years ago

Hi, I'm new here, But couldn't help seeing your post> I made a bunch of koozie covers. I bought the cheep styrofoam ones. The lids came off. they had print on them so I covered them with white contact paper. I then used the tiny plastic canvas for cross stitching that comes in rolls.Cut them to size, leaving enough to over lap to sew together to slide over koozie. I cross stitched all kind of things on them. campers,flowers, sayings, Everyone loved them.When your done, slide it over koozie and put cover back on ( the ring part with the little teeth). There are so many cross stitch books with any thing you could think of or make up your own. Matter of fact I think that's where I got the idea. LOL. Have fun and hope this helps.

• gerryo86
    16 years ago

annaruth
    i make mine out of plastic canvas.
    cut a circle pice of canvas 1 hole larger
    than can/glass and straight pice to to fit
    around. fill in all holes,sew sraight to
    form circle,attach to bottom,hide all ends
    enjoy your drink,no drips side or bottom
    gerryo

• kattydid
    16 years ago

Gerryo, Do You use the large canvas with yarn? That would be super for hubby's pepsi glass that sweats all over my table. LOL, Do you buy the small circle canvas for bottom? That would also be great for my Ice coffee cup. Thank You For Idea.

• gerryo86
    16 years ago

kattydid
    i use any 4 ply yarn i have. also i buy 4"circles and
    cut to size. put his initials or name on the side
    and make more for company with different designs.
    make sure you fill in the circle also. they go right in
    the wash but NOT in the dryer. almost forgot
    7 to the in. canvas. my son (50 yrs.old still home!)
    loves his. BWY i also make open box to put all those
    tops for storage in. think of all the things you
    can make from plastic canvas.
    gerryo

• kattydid
    16 years ago

Thank you gerryo, I'll be pulling out the yarn and plastic canvas. LOL

• jayokie
    16 years ago

gerryo, that gives me an idea for grandkids' Christmas. I'm having a tough time coming up with ideas this year. Guess I'll make one for myself (gotta start somewhere, right?) and then hope my hand holds up to the stitching. Have a passel of grands so if I get started in the next few days, I may get them done by Dec ;-) Thanks for the idea!

• jaybird
    16 years ago

I made a bunch out of the stretchy foam backed fabric that you use for car headliners. They worked out really well. I bought the fab at Joann's the first time and at an auto upholstery shop the last couple of times.

Sponsored
Brenda M. Miller Designer of Interior Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars73 Reviews
Client-Oriented Interior Design in Loudoun County | Best of Houzz X6