Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bayareafrancy.....I love the fact that you always report in.

Posted by budster (My Page) on
Sat, May 30, 09 at 13:36

To let us know of your trials and successes. I picture you layering your "pooched out neckline" top over a T-shirt wearing your apron with the pooched out pockets ... and going grocery shopping. Who knows you could become a trend setter. As for DS's shrunk jammies....flannel like others said does shrink alot....and I for one wash every fabric before I cut it but that is me....Thanks for the postings. Budster

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bayareafrancy.....I love the fact that you always report in.

I think it's great, too! I'm sure we all wore goofy things when we were starting out.

o
RE: Bayareafrancy.....I love the fact that you always report in.

Thank you so very much for continuing to advise me, or at least make me laugh so hard that I'm spitting earl grey on Ms. Magnolia.

I've been working all weekend on a non-knit top. I've done everything but one sleeve. I'm dreading the last sleeve, because it likely won't be exactly even/the same as the other one. But gotta try it......

This fabric is a linen/rayon blend, which has been SO much easier to work with than the knit. Except that it shreds and frays faster than Life cereal left in milk. But I've been using one of the nifty overlock stitches on the Flower Power--super fun to use!

This current neckline is also much better. It looked perfect when I cut everything out, but once I lost the seam allowance, it became a bit too big. And I even added 1/4" to it when cutting. Next time I'll add even more.

Or maybe I just need to switch to those paste-on bra thingies that the movie stars all wear to the Oscars when they need to go strapless?

After I finish this one, I'll try to get my 5 year old to take a picture of me wearing it. I've been lax about posting finished photos--sorry! I know it is much more fun to see finished products!

:-)

francy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here