Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mary Proctor Flip Ironing Board

Posted by charann102_2006 (My Page) on
Sun, May 24, 09 at 12:54

I have two Mary Proctor Flip Ironing Boards and love them! I would like to buy two or three additional ones for family members but am having no luck in finding any.

These ironing boards were made in the 1950s or 1960s. I checked Ebay and they have none for sale. Even going to Google turned up nothing.

Any help or suggestions would greatly be appreciated. I sew a lot and they are truly my best sewing room product next to my Bernina sewing machine and Rowenta irons!

Thanks so much everyone!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mary Proctor Flip Ironing Board

Sorry,never heard of them,can you show us a picture?? I grew up in the 50's so maybe i'll recognize it.
Kathi

o

http://www.miracleironing.com/
try this link they have mary proctor single and double flips listed no picture that I could see

o

I have what I think is called a single flip. A rectangular board and one end folds down. A classic 1950's turquiose tubular leg board. Is this what you are looking for? I just bought a new ironing board to fit a remodeled space.

o

I have a double flip made in 1960 and am looking for a cover. Any Ideas? Let me know - Thanks

o
Proctor ironingboard cover and pad

I have Model 41069 Proctor ironingboard and am looking for a cover and pad. It is 57 inches long.

o

I don't have one of those, but I do have a Mary Proctor iron that my mother got as a wedding gift when she was married in the 1950's. I just had the cord replaced with a reproduction of the original cloth-covered cord (made to modern standards on the inside). I just love it. Because it is not a steam iron, it is perfect for pressing damp cotton fabric and getting all the wrinkles out! And no little marks made by the steam vents. I just treasure this iron.

Rosefolly

o

I need a ironing board cover. Love the ironing board. Have had it for over fifty years.

o

I did a google search and found several likely places. The Sew4Less site says, "We offer a full line of replacement ironing board covers and pads for the Mary Proctor...

Also found at miracleironing.com http://www.miracleironing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_code=mi&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=018

Here is a link that might be useful: Sew4Less

o

Wow...My DH was SO exasperated with me a few years ago when my 1950's MP ironing board bit the dust. I had had it welded back together after a move overseas and purchasing 2 or 3 available ironing boards just didn't work. Then Miracle of Miracles happened and QVC had one on their show. Don't remember what its name was, but it has been a great substitute. Not cheap, seems like $100+, and worth every penny. I just checked QVC and it looks the same. It has been a successful replacement. BTW..I always made my own covers, and this one has lasted very well (however I am not ironing USMC uniforms anymore). Nanny

o

I had one of the Mary Proctor flip ironing boards in the 60's and just loved it. It was great for ironing shirts/blouses and large items like table cloths. When I could no longer find new covers for it, I got rid of it. Big mistake---should have just made a new cover myself. Would love to have one again. Judy

o

to: Judy Hawks. I just sent you an email saying that I have a Mary Proctor Ironing board. Let me know if you are still looking for one. Thanks, Teri

o

Hi Teri -

If you still have the Mary Proctor Ironing board available I would be interested.

Thanks!
Shelly

o

I found one and it is in great condition. I am willing to sell it at reasonable price of $20.00 plus cost of shipping. I bought a different board for myself. Please respond back to me if you still want the board.

o

to elodielou:
If you still have the Mary Proctor double flip ironing board I am interested. Thanks.

o

elodielou

Do you still have the Mary Proctor Ironing board. I would VERY much be interested in purchasing it if you do, depending on how much you are asking for it.

Thank you!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here