Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mary Proctor Flip Ironing Board

Posted by charann102_2006 (My Page) on
Sun, May 24, 09 at 12:54

I have two Mary Proctor Flip Ironing Boards and love them! I would like to buy two or three additional ones for family members but am having no luck in finding any.

These ironing boards were made in the 1950s or 1960s. I checked Ebay and they have none for sale. Even going to Google turned up nothing.

Any help or suggestions would greatly be appreciated. I sew a lot and they are truly my best sewing room product next to my Bernina sewing machine and Rowenta irons!

Thanks so much everyone!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mary Proctor Flip Ironing Board

Sorry,never heard of them,can you show us a picture?? I grew up in the 50's so maybe i'll recognize it.
Kathi

o

http://www.miracleironing.com/
try this link they have mary proctor single and double flips listed no picture that I could see

o

I have what I think is called a single flip. A rectangular board and one end folds down. A classic 1950's turquiose tubular leg board. Is this what you are looking for? I just bought a new ironing board to fit a remodeled space.

o

I have a double flip made in 1960 and am looking for a cover. Any Ideas? Let me know - Thanks

o
Proctor ironingboard cover and pad

I have Model 41069 Proctor ironingboard and am looking for a cover and pad. It is 57 inches long.

o

I don't have one of those, but I do have a Mary Proctor iron that my mother got as a wedding gift when she was married in the 1950's. I just had the cord replaced with a reproduction of the original cloth-covered cord (made to modern standards on the inside). I just love it. Because it is not a steam iron, it is perfect for pressing damp cotton fabric and getting all the wrinkles out! And no little marks made by the steam vents. I just treasure this iron.

Rosefolly

o

I need a ironing board cover. Love the ironing board. Have had it for over fifty years.

o

I did a google search and found several likely places. The Sew4Less site says, "We offer a full line of replacement ironing board covers and pads for the Mary Proctor...

Also found at miracleironing.com http://www.miracleironing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_code=mi&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=018

Here is a link that might be useful: Sew4Less

o

Wow...My DH was SO exasperated with me a few years ago when my 1950's MP ironing board bit the dust. I had had it welded back together after a move overseas and purchasing 2 or 3 available ironing boards just didn't work. Then Miracle of Miracles happened and QVC had one on their show. Don't remember what its name was, but it has been a great substitute. Not cheap, seems like $100+, and worth every penny. I just checked QVC and it looks the same. It has been a successful replacement. BTW..I always made my own covers, and this one has lasted very well (however I am not ironing USMC uniforms anymore). Nanny

o

I had one of the Mary Proctor flip ironing boards in the 60's and just loved it. It was great for ironing shirts/blouses and large items like table cloths. When I could no longer find new covers for it, I got rid of it. Big mistake---should have just made a new cover myself. Would love to have one again. Judy

o

to: Judy Hawks. I just sent you an email saying that I have a Mary Proctor Ironing board. Let me know if you are still looking for one. Thanks, Teri

o

Hi Teri -

If you still have the Mary Proctor Ironing board available I would be interested.

Thanks!
Shelly

o

I found one and it is in great condition. I am willing to sell it at reasonable price of $20.00 plus cost of shipping. I bought a different board for myself. Please respond back to me if you still want the board.

o

to elodielou:
If you still have the Mary Proctor double flip ironing board I am interested. Thanks.

o

elodielou

Do you still have the Mary Proctor Ironing board. I would VERY much be interested in purchasing it if you do, depending on how much you are asking for it.

Thank you!!

o

I have a Mary Proctor Ironing Board I just saved from my Dad "cleaning up" -- putting out to the road.
It is likely from the '50's or early '60's. I am not sure if I am going to keep it or what. I have two. It is missing one of the rubber coverings on the end of the cross piece that goes on the floor. Has the other three. If anyone has any interest in this let me know. Would always like to see things re-used!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here