Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to buy wide elastic

Posted by dawnp (My Page) on
Mon, May 31, 10 at 10:45

I am interested in making a few skirts like the one pictured for my daughter. I am having trouble finding the wide(3 or 4 inch)elastic that they used for the waistband. Does anyone know a place that I might buy some?

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to buy wide elastic

Look for fold over elastic. I know diaper sites like "diapercuts" on line sell 1 inch folded--2 inches folded in half--for making all in one diapers. I've dealt with diapercuts when making my grandsons diapers and they are a good company to deal with, if you decide i inch is enough.

They must sell it other places in wider widths though. Look for or ask for foldover elastic. I hope that helps. Sometimes just knowing what something is called makes the search easier

o

Thank you oilpainter. I actually found it! They had it at Joann's. It was not on their website but I found it in the store. The store employee told me that the supplier for the website is different than the store. I found that to be odd.

Anyway, we(DD & I) bought some cute fabric as well. So for $10 I am making her a skirt that costs $35 in the store.

o

I run an online sewing supplies and notions webstore at www.ciscosewingsuppliesandnotions.com. I will be happy to check with my suppliers for you.
I'm also happy to look for any other difficult-to-find sewing supplies. Just drop me a note at the store or post here on the forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sewing Elastic

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here