Return to the Sewing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Laundry Bag

Posted by stitcheasy2003 (My Page) on
Wed, May 7, 08 at 9:24

Hello
I am wanting to make a laundry bag. Has anyone ever made one. Did you use long straps? Make a circular bottom? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Laundry Bag

I made one years ago for college. It was just a simple drawstring bag. It works well to make it with a circular bottom of a large enough diameter to allow you to put it in a round laundry basket and fold the top down around the edge of the basket. As the basket fills, you can pull up the sides of the bag and when it's full you just pull it out of the basket and off you go to the laundry room. If you don't want to do the drawstring, I'd put sturdy webbing handles on it.

Annie

o

There might be just what you are looking for - with instructions at www.homedepot.ca/ecooptions . You have to go and type in "Do it yourself" and they have a number of things you can sew, build etc. The canvas bag is featured in their latest ecooptions mag Spring 2008. No I don't work or endorse Homedepot but just noticed this in the magazine I picked up. Check it out. Budster

o

Thank you just want I was looking for. I would never ever found that site. thank you. B.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Sewing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here